Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Mental Health and Self-Care › Do you think your myasthenia gravis was triggered by a trauma? › Reply To: Do you think your myasthenia gravis was triggered by a trauma?

  • Community Member

    Member

    I believe that too. Stress was a contributing factor. I was a carer for my mother until she died 7 months ago. The aftermath of her death still left a big scar on me. From her cremation plans to financial affairs. Nothing but stress and no support with my efforts. Constant running around, chasing everything up. I thought I was just run down but, when I came to hospital for a endoscopy, after a couple of tests I was immediately admitted into hospital. The day after, I was told it was myasthenia gravis. Still here in hospital over 5 weeks later and still attached to a feeding tube. Not fun.