Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Infusion centers › Reply To: Infusion centers
-
Community Member
MemberI have been receiving infusions for 6+ years now. I started off with IVIG. Those were hard lasting over 3 hours and leaving me with deep fatigue. Fortunately those only lasted for a short time as the purpose was to stabilize my condition and transition to Soliris. Soliris was great. The only drawback was the two week timeline for the infusions. It was hard to plan life around the schedule. After two years on Soliris I transitioned to Ultomiris which is on an eight week schedule.
My infusion center is affiliated with one of the local hospitals. I have had no issues with the center and its personnel. The only problem has been the hospitals insistence on recertifying my participation every third appointment even though Medicare only requires certification yearly. This results in my not receiving an appointmen time until a week to ten days before my usually schedule time. That uncertainty can result in some anxiety.