Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Just Started Ultomiris today › Reply To: Just Started Ultomiris today
-
Community Member
MemberHi Dale – I started Ultomiris about 30 days ago. I have been taking Prednisone and Cellcept since diagnosis along with Mestinon. I had to add IVIG in about 6 months in due to flare and have continued with IVIG and prednisone in the hopes Cellcept would be enough. Unfortunately that has not been the case. Ultomiris made a huge difference immediately for me. Just the loading dose was life changing. My neurologist has reached the conclusion I did – after giving cellcept 18 months, and not being able to taper off prednisone without flaring, cellcept isn’t going to work. I am hopeful that I will be able to leave at least the cellcept and prednisone behind. I was able to immediately stop taking mestinon. I wish you luck on this journey and hopefully you will find relief wit Ultomiris.