• Community Member

    Member

    • In reply to the posts on pets, I just lost my little Maltese mix at 14 years old to cancer of the spleen. I got her from a shelter and she became my best friend. It has been 5 months since she died and I still miss her so much. I have had MG for 10 years and she added so much joy to my life in the 5 years I was blessed with her. Because she was 9 when I got her, she was house trained and really no trouble, very smart. She just wanted to be my shadow. My suggestion with MG, if you get a small dog who is an adult, or better yet a senior, they are not as demanding as a young pet. Plus, you need to make sure if, God forbid, something happens to you, that there is someone willing to take care of her because she/he will miss you so much. I suggest you look on Petfinder.com. They have all kinds of dogs and I am surprised that they have so many Maltese. She did make me very happy. Best to all.