Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Twitches, muscle spasms, and cramping with MG › Reply To: Twitches, muscle spasms, and cramping with MG
-
Community Member
MemberI have gMG with antibodies since early 2018. Started as ocular and rapidly advanced to generalized. I am on Mestonin, Zilbrysq and will soon be on Vyvgart as well in a test. I get severe cramps in both legs all the time and sometimes in my feet. Sometimes it is both legs at once. I have no idea if it is related to the MG but I find they occur more often after some sort of exercise, primarily just walking. I have always thought it is because since I don’t exercise any more, my muscles were just reacting to strain they are not used to. I am an ex-division one football player so I used to exercise a lot.
My question to the group is about erectile dysfunction. Not joking. Since I started taking all these drugs, I have that problem. Besides the drugs I am taking now, I’m on metformin, glipizide and insulin for type two diabetes and I take duloxetine for depression. I’m on oxycodone for my back and shoulders but I have tried stopping it, hoping the ED would improve, but it did not.
Prior to Zilbrysq, I have tried Soloris, Ultomiris, IVIG and Rigstiggio for the MG, but all of them would wear off about two weeks before I could take another cycle. When they wore off and I was not on oxycodone, is the very definition of misery.
So, if anyone has the same problem and you think you know what it is causing it, please share.
BTW, I have tried the big 3 for ED. None of them help.