Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Twitches, muscle spasms, and cramping with MG › Reply To: Twitches, muscle spasms, and cramping with MG

  • Community Member

    Member

    I absolutely deal with muscle cramps/spasms and twitching — every time I need to take Mestinon. This is usually in the last couple weeks of my cycle between Vyvgart infusions. I’m dealing with twitching as I write this reply. A week from today I begin my next cycle and I’ll immediately stop taking Mestinon. I’ll also immediately stop having the cramps and twitching.

    About a month goes by between my last Vyvgart infusion and when I begin my Mestinon. During that period of time, I don’t experience any of these side-effects…until I start it up again. So, for me, Mestinon = twitching and cramping. All of this, however, is better than the alternative of difficult speaking, chewing, and overall fatigue.