• Community Member

    Member

    Thanks, Jodi! One day at a time…

    The first part of that posting got removed, because it was so specific. But I edited it, to avoid slandering anyone:

    In 2006, I had a great job. My dream job, actually. I was the Online Editor for a fancy lifestyle magazine. The folks in the community loved that blog. I was highlighting the things that made the city special, and interviewing the local movers and shakers, along with posting sound bites and beautiful photographs. Too pretty, it turns out. My bosses had been publishing the pictures in their paper magazine, but the advertisers were starting to complain that my photos were making their glossy ads look bad. So things began going downhill. The better my job performance, the more flak I encountered. And as the workplace became more and more toxic, my health took a turn for the worse, too.