• Community Member

    Member

    Hi everyone – new to the site today.

    I am undiagnosed but over several months when I google my symptoms MG keeps coming up.
    I joined the site as only in the last week, I started noticing a burning smell and again my searches led me here!
    Specifically to this conversation.

    The smell started when I was lying in bed, and I said to my husband my daughter must be burning candles in her room & she is not allowed. He couldn’t smell anything and then I smelt it again the next night and decided it must be nextdoor’s open fire somehow wafting into our house (we can sometimes smell their food – old Victorian terrace).

    Next I smelt it in the pub, again husband couldnt smell it but assumed there was a wood fire I couldn’t see. Then later in the cinema.

    I’ve been Googling like mad because I have read links between Alzheimers and smell issues, although they tend to link to reduced smell.

    It is not unpleasant, like an autumn wood fire. And tends to happen from late afternoon.

    Only thing that thats changed recently is I’ve started to take statins – I wonder if any of you who have had the wood burning smell are also on statins?

    I am just hoping it is not a sign of something more sinister going on in that part of the brain!