• Community Member

    Member

    I would love to blame my lack of sleep on MG. However, long before MG I developed bipolar disorder along with sever PTSD while in the Navy.

    Normally, bipolar disorder will typically start before the age of 21, however, it can lay dormant until something happens.

    When I joined the Navy in 1975 I was well aware I could die and/or be severally injured for the rest of my life. I was truly aware of all of the possible risks in front of me.

    The risk that I had to deal with in 1979, was a risks that I’ve never imaged. The event lasted for 90 days and every day I was reminded that if I ever opened my mouth this person would file charges that I had sexually taking advantage of this person. Give that this person was a Naval officer and I was Enlisted. It wouldn’t matter what I could say. I would be found quilty and sent to a federal prison and nomatter matter what I ever said wouldn’t change anything. It is the officer’s word over mine. At that time, if an officer accused an enlisted person of anything. It was believed that an office would never lie.

    So, that event started 45 years ago, and out of I now have bipolar disorder with major depression and sever PTSD. In the VA’s opinion it never happened because I never reported this event. They can’t believe that maybe I was to scared to say anything. Oh well that’s life in the big city.

    While I can’t really blame MG for my lack of sleep, something to beware of is that MG can have an effect on our brains and can interrupt our sleeping patterns.

    I’ve tried all of the sleep aids and gave up on them. I’ve learned to adapt, to me three hours sleep or four hours is not that big of a difference. I do what I can to get enough sleep and accept this as part of my norm.

    <font face=”inherit”>Please understand, I will never say that your sleep problems </font>aren’t<font face=”inherit”> relate to MG. All I’m doing is </font>conveying<font face=”inherit”> a story of my experience. I believe that sleep is an issue that hasn’t been </font>researched<font face=”inherit”> enough. Maybe more research will happen someday.</font>

    <font face=”inherit”>The only advice that I have is don’t fight the problem, rather learn to </font>accept<font face=”inherit”> it. </font>