Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Myasthenia gravis stages: what phase are you in? › Reply To: Myasthenia gravis stages: what phase are you in?
-
Community Member
MemberHope things are improving. I will tell you what treatments I was on but remember this is a complicated disease and what works for one may not work for anyone else. In any event, I started out with double vision problems and was prescribed Mestinon, 60mg four pills per day. This pretty much cleared up the double vision.
A few weeks later I started with the generalized MG symptoms as described. I started out with CellCept, 1000 mg in the morning and 500mg at night. I also started on Prednisone, 20mg daily. I also started deep tissue physical therapy on the back and neck. I also did IVIg infusions, first week every day and then once a month thereafter. For whatever reason the gMG symptoms cleared up and in about 2 to 2-1/2 months I was pretty much back to normal. Walking ok, playing golf, exercising, etc. Also, once the symptoms went away I reduced the Prednisone to 2.5mg daily and also stopped the IVIg infusions after six months.
It has been almost a year since the symptoms first cleared and I have been fine the whole time. Good luck and hope whatever meds you use work for you.