• Community Member

    Member

    Update –

    Have completed 2 C&P exams and one more tomorrow. This one is Medical. The other 2 were optical and pshych.

    Before I was Granted service connection for my gMG, I felt pretty good. Eating under 1800 calories a day and walking 3 miles every morning. Mowing the lawn and edging as required. I can work about 20 mins at a time then must rest.

    Anyway, I am a mess. Couldn’t make it 1 mile this morning and am feeling shakey and my usually low level double vision is getting greater. Speech is not great – stuttering – and generally feeling not so good physically. And ofcourse, increased fatigue.

    I blame it all to the increased stress that I have been experiencing since I was Granted Service Connection by the VA. The C&P Exams are to determine the extent of my condition so they can determine my Rating. Optical determined that i do have double vision and my eyes phyically good. My Psych exam went OK. She was able to link my symptoms to gMG and secondary to my wxzposure to antifolients. She also Diagnosed PTSD. (I have been avoiding that one for years…..) Tomorrow Is Health – These sessions are quite intrusive and have caused me much stress. And that is not good for gMG.

    After this Exam I should get a Rating within the next 30 days, and should see a monthly increase in my bank account shortly there after. Minimum for gMG is 30%, up to 100% due to the inability to work – which is what I want. Back pay to 2019 at that rating level. This increase in disability benefits could be life changing. Very excitying and stressful. Anxiety to know what the decision will be and maybe having to file another Appeal if I do not get 100%. I will be 75 next June so my Appeal would get “Priority”. We shall see.

    In the mean time I’m trying to relax, rest and eat responsibly.

    Hope all are well –

    Scott