Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Additional Resources › Knowing what you know now, what is one thing you would tell your newly diagnosed self? › Reply To: Knowing what you know now, what is one thing you would tell your newly diagnosed self?
-
Community Member
MemberI have always enjoyed entertaining. I had to make all the food myself and from scratch. I would make sure my house looked nice. I had to learn that it is okay to take breaks when doing your household chores or cooking. Accept these things may take a little longer to get done. Stop worrying about what others may think. Don’t apologize for a messy or dusty house. Pace yourself. Don’t try to soldier on or muscle through. Sit down and relax. Take care of yourself. This diagnosis, as mind bending as it was, is actually a wake up call for me. I have learned to relax more.