Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Life Hacks and Tips › Do you miss out on and have to cancel more activities during the summer? › Reply To: Do you miss out on and have to cancel more activities during the summer?

  • Community Member

    Member

    I live in the St. Louis area and it is very hot and humid here. In the past I would love going to outdoor concerts, pool parties, and backyard BBQs. Now, I sweat so much it is embarrassing. Plus I experience breathing issues and extreme exhaustion. If I could get in and out of a pool gracefully, I would probably be okay at a pool party but that isn’t working out very well. So, I decline many invitations if it means being outside in the heat. I explain that having MG takes a bigger toll on me in the summer. I don’t think most people understand and may even think I am just making excuses. But, I have to do what is best for me.