Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Additional Resources › How would you describe what having MG is like? › Reply To: How would you describe what having MG is like?
-
Community Member
MemberI describe it as a “Ballon” disease. you are fatigued, so you rest, so your eyelids droop, that goes away and you have difficulty swallowing, you press on one area, it “bulges”to another. difficult to control. But you don’t look ill. People don’t understand. I can walk but when I have to walk a long way, my legs get wobbly, so I use a cane for stability and balance. I get real nasty looks from some. even my Therapist thinks he needs to “push”me, and takes offense when I say “enough”.
The best way to describe MG ones from my Neurologist. You start the day with a full “tank”of energy. You never want to go below a quarter tank, or you risk trouble. I keep this in mind when I want to for a walk, or get out in the sun. If I start to feel my tank going down fast, I need to stop.
Barry