Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › can’t sleep › Reply To: can’t sleep
-
Community Member
MemberI have had MG for 11+ yrs now, and have been on prednisone and only prednisone for 10 years. My dosage started out at 30 mg and I have been at 5 mg for the past year. I am very active…. Walk over 25k steps in 8 hr work shift & ski 20 days a year. I Have always loved to sleep. Usually sleep 9-10 hrs a day. Had no problem falling asleep or getting back to sleep until 12 weeks ago when I suddenly stopped sleeping more then 2-4 hours a night. I lay in bed still and get rest, just don’t get deep sleep/ REM. Doctor had me on amitriptylin( was currently taking for migraines) benedryl, and just tried 12.5 mg dose of Trazodone. There are no good sleep meds for us. I slept good on the Trazodone, but the 2nd day I felt groggy and the third day I was soo nauseous and dizzy I couldn’t function, so I stopped taking it. I was still dizzy for a day and a half afterwards. I’m saddened to hear that it is most likely our MG keeping us from sleeping. I make it through work(not sure how some days) but have nothing left for me, my dog, or my family and friends. I’ve tried gummies, booze, & marijuana(which I use anyways) to no avail. I hope we are able to find something that will work for us, and a cure for this disease. Good luck folks & thanks for listening( as I lay awake in bed counting sheep).