Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Diet, Exercise, and Supplements › Are you able to exercise with MG? › Reply To: Are you able to exercise with MG?
-
Community Member
MemberFor nearly 2 years my gMG was poorly controlled and steroids contributed to 2 spinal fractures. An orthopedic surgeon didn’t want me to do physical therapy for at least 1 year from starting treatment for osteoporosis. Exercise only to point of pain was the plan. I spent a lot of time feeling myself deteriorate. Like many others I feel if I didn’t start using it I would lose it.<div>
On my own I began walking in my driveway. Using a wheeled walker at the start, it took 9 months, but I was walking 20 min in the morning and 10 min most evenings on my own. Proud of myself I reported this to my neuromuscular specialist. He could see the deterioration in my strength and felt physical therapy could help now that a year had passed. Turns out good in theory only.
Three weeks of physical therapy 3 days a week and my gMG has flared ever since February, including a hospital stay. I feel like I’m starting from scratch. I need to get my gMG under better control and begin again. I have to admit I’m a little gun shy, after how poorly I’ve been.
The only suggestion I have is listen to your body!
<div>
</div></div>