Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Does anyone have MG with anti-LRP4 antibody and what treatment works › Reply To: Does anyone have MG with anti-LRP4 antibody and what treatment works

  • Community Member

    Member

    I was diagnosed with LRP4 in 2018. First, did Mestinon/Prednisone high dosage and started Cellcept. After 4-5 months, Cellcept started kicking in, and Prednisone was weaned off. Mestinon was also not needed. Had a flare in 2020, and IVIG was started. HUGE difference and helped amazingly. I was tired of an IV after a year, so I started on the SubQ infusion, which I was able to administer myself. It kept me even more stable—no ups and downs between treatments. IVIG was 60 GMs every 3 weeks, and SubQ IG was 10 GMs weekly. SubQ took two hours, and I could travel with it. IVIG was infused over 6 hours at home. I had headaches after each one. After two years on SubQ, they spaced it out a little. I am now totally off all meds but Cellcept, and that is a lower dose, and for now, I am stable.