Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Do you often feel frustrated that Myasthenia gravis interferes with your weight? › Reply To: Do you often feel frustrated that Myasthenia gravis interferes with your weight?
-
Community Member
MemberI’m an MGer going on 5 years, taking Prednisone for the last 4. I was somehow able to keep my weight gain (from the Prednisone) to around 20 lbs. This was about a 15% increase in my normal healthy weight. I’ve been able over the past 6 months to lose about half (10 lbs.), but seem to have reached my weight reduction limit, no matter how hard I try. If/when I finally come off Prednisone, I hope I’ll be able to resume shedding lbs.
The lost weight so far has resulted in my feeling more energetic, healthier and having better balance when walking. Part of my solution to losing weight was to try increasing physical activity. More importantly, I had to really study the subject of nutrition, and thus learned to cut out all ultra-processed food and unnecessary snacks and treats from my diet. It takes many months of self-discipline to change life-long eating habits, but having learned just how badly ultra-processed food injures so much of your body’s internal organs and systems helped motivate me to permanently and radically change what I put into my mouth every day.
After learning so much about good nutrition, I posted (and continue to post), for other MGers, those links (to my sources) which I published on this webpage.
sites.google.com
So. Cal. MG Support Group (calmggroup.com)
So. Cal. MG Support Group (calmggroup.com)