Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Diet, Exercise, and Supplements › The impact of diet with Myasthenia gravis › Reply To: The impact of diet with Myasthenia gravis
-
Community Member
MemberSince I was diagnosed in summer of 2024, I have changed my diet from eating out to eating at home, preparing my own meals. I do go out every so often and have a Wendy’s or Filet-O-Fish, but they are far and few between.
I have lost over 30 lbs. in the last 8 months, from eating a healthier diet of more fruits, vegetables and fish. I have grown to love Celery and Natural Peanut Butter, Strawberries, Blueberries, Apricots and many other fresh foods.
I do indulge in a nice Sirloin or Filet when the spirit moves me, as I just can’t seem to give up that great taste of red meat.
As for supplements that I am currently taking, they are B-12, D3 and Fish Oil. I was taking Collagen, but my Neurologist wanted to me to stop taking it, as she wasn’t sure if it was causing any issues with my MG.
Since changing my diet, I feel much better / lighter and needed to purchase new pants, as I have dropped two pant sizes.