Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Which medications and treatments are working to control your Myasthenia gravis symptoms? › Reply To: Which medications and treatments are working to control your Myasthenia gravis symptoms?
-
Community Member
MemberI was diagnosed with AChR positive Generalized MG in 2019. I was fortunate enough to get the diagnosis from a Neuro-Opthalmologist and he immediately sent me to a very well trained Neurologist who has hundreds of MG patients in his University Research Practice. I was put on Methotrexate 40 mg once per week and folic acid to counteract anything from the Methotrexate. About two years later after becoming retired and joining Medicare Advantage program it was necessary for me to change my Neurologist.
I’m happy to say that the second doctor kept my medication intact and didn’t change anything in 2021. When Vyvgart became available in 2021-2022 I added the Vyvgart infusion regimen to my medications for MG.
I’m currently starting my 14th cycle and that covers the period 11-2021 to 6-2025 or about 44 months. That’s an infusion cycle every 3-1/2 months or so.
I’m happy to say that my MG-ADL score is very stable at 3 most days.