Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Additional Resources › Knowing what you know now, what is one thing you would tell your newly diagnosed self? › Reply To: Knowing what you know now, what is one thing you would tell your newly diagnosed self?
-
Community Member
MemberBe willing to share what you’re going through with others. As someone who would keep pains, aches, and ailments to myself, this was sometimes difficult. I’ve learned to turn it into a learning moment for others…especially if they’re truly interested. If I start slurring my words, I don’t want others to think I’m having a stroke! Also, just as your neurologist monitors you (I hope), monitor your neurologist. Stay in regular communication with them. Ask questions about new therapies you hear about. Don’t be afraid to ask things like, “shouldn’t I be doing this now…?”
But one of the best things (which has already been stated) is — it’s okay. It’ll be there tomorrow, or sometime later, when you feel up to it.