Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Changing from Vivgart to ULTOMIRIS › Reply To: Changing from Vivgart to ULTOMIRIS
-
Community Member
MemberChris, as first stated in my original post, I was put on IVIG first and it worked the best for me by far for six months but gave me severe migraine headaches that we could not control. Then I went to Vyvgart and it worked great 40 days of a 50 day cycle but it ran out in the last 10 days with MG symptoms starting to reoccur, mostly eyes, swallowing and stumbling around some times falling… I changed to ULTOMIRIS 9 months ago… That was quite a regiment just getting set up for it to prevent meningitis etc. and much more expensive than Vyvgart….
I have not had a good experience with ULTOMIRIS from the beginning. Please keep in mind my neurologist has several patients on it and really like it but most importantly our bodies are all different and do not always react the same. ULTOMIRIS lasted 60 days for me no problem as it was recommended for my work travel but the side effects for me were tough feeling like my mg got much worse especially in respiratory, wheezing now, body weakness mostly in the legs along with mood swings from rage to depression that I never experienced before and getting very little sleep feeling like a coffee buzz… But again, that’s just me and my body’s story just turning 65 years old having MG for 4 years now and still believe the second Covid shot triggered my mg as I began having all the full blown mg symptoms with 3-days later… but that’s only my theory for my self as it could just be coincidence but I do know there’s a lot more people with MG than there was four years ago before Covid..? I am going back to Vyvgart Hytrulo next week as it will make my work travel much easier to plan whereas I can pack it with me during travel.. I’ll keep the forum updated on my progress for anyone thinking of changing… I hope the IVIG works well for you and your body without the migraines or other and suggest drinking lots of of fluids and use a large flush of insulin to help keep the headaches down… Other than the side effects from IVIG, I honestly felt very normal for having full blown mg… Best of luck my friend…