Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Burning smell and general update.. › Reply To: Burning smell and general update..
-
Community Member
MemberI like these comment sections, they certainly help ease my worries. For months I have been smelling burning in my house, and yesterdays was really intense. I opened windows, ran my air purifiers and still go no relief. Made no sense. This morning, the smell is gone. This has happened several times during the past couple of months. I have GMG, I’m almost in a wheelchair, can’t swallow well, can’t talk without sounding like a drunk. I’m on 40 mg steroids per day, 60 mg mestinon 4x per day, and have received 2 infusions of Rituximab in the past 4 weeks. I don’t feel like anything is helping me. At my last visit, my neurologist said he wants to do another muscle biopsy to check for possible ALS. Geez how many more tests are coming my way. Glad to talk to you all. Barb