Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › What are your experiences with statins and Myasthenia gravis? › Reply To: What are your experiences with statins and Myasthenia gravis?
-
Community Member
MemberThis is a very interesting conversation. I never thought about a possible connection with the start of using Crestor. My cholesterol was in the mid 220’s and my GP thought that since I’m in my 80’s now it might be time to start a statin. It’s in the 150’s now. I have pretty much blamed my diagnosis on having Covid 19 one month before symptoms of OMG started showing up (droopy lid and double vision), but as I look back, I started Crestor 5 months prior to the onset also so maybe I’m not as sure now. I’m very lucky that I only need one 60mg Mestonin in the morning and I’m good for all day. I started with 60mg three times a day and had some twitching and cramping issues, so I cut back to two and then only the one in the morning. I’m reluctant to eliminate that because who knows when those little AChR antibodies will decide to do their thing! Thanks for bringing this topic up.