Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Diet, Exercise, and Supplements › Medicare and IVIG › Reply To: Medicare and IVIG
-
Community Member
MemberI was diagnosed last December with MG and I’ve tried several different medications so far. I’ve been lucky that Medicare and my AARP supplement cover most of them. Like you stated, I just heard Medicare is not covering IVIG STARTING IN 2025 because they do not consider it any type of cure. In 2025 my prescription company has picked up the bills, but they were giving me a hard time saying they weren’t going to cover this at first. In October when we had to sign up, I called and not really drilled them, but had so many questions about what medicines are covered and they told me mine was covered and then reneged on this. I fought them, stating they sent no notification on medicine changes, that I called and spoke to a rep., took their name, date and time of the called and told them they were giving out false information to patients. Since then, I did get a letter saying they would cover my IVIG through 2025 by my prescription plan but I have to renegotiate with them through my neurologist, I am fortunate that my neurologist does work with me and the insurance companies.
Right now, I’m disputing having been denied massage therapy. When I go to PT, I try to explain my condition and limitations, but they have their ways to rehab you which just cause me pain. The massage therapist I hired seems to work either me well and I do go relief for a few days which is wonderful, but Medicare won’t pay for this either.
I have a daughter, now 54, who’s been diabetic since she was an infant so I know you have to fight, you have to speak up for yourself to get the medical attention you need. Why do they make it so difficult for people to receive proper care. Thanks BIG PHARMA.
Let’s<font face=”inherit”> pray Medicare will rethink just how valuable these drugs are. </font>