Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Does MG cause difficulties driving for you? › Reply To: Does MG cause difficulties driving for you?

  • Community Member

    Member

    Most definitely! At my worse, I was trained and used a white mobiliity cane just to walk around due to severe ptosis with blurry/double vision. If I couldn’t even see the car steering wheel, it was not safe for me to drive. That was a devistating shock to my lifestyle because I live alone. I didn’t want to totally rely on friends helping me get around, so I used various alternatives (MetroAccess, Lyft, Uber, etc.).

    Luckily, after several years of multiple treatments (pyridostigmine, SCIg infusions, etc.), my eyes opened towards the end of January 2025. My vision is still somewhat blurry (only reading a few words at a time) and still light sensative (can result is ptosis until I rest eyes). So, I’m working with my neuro-opthomologist to try for more improvement. I’d be thrilled to get to a point where I could drive again to easily run errands, go to a movie, and travel again! 🙏🏻🤞🏻