• Community Member

    Member

    I have been taking Melatonin 2.5 mg for years to help me sleep. When I read that it might make my MG symptoms worse, I contacted my neuromuscular specialist and asked her if I needed to stop taking it. She said there were no counter indications and I can continue to use it. I did not notice any changes in my symptoms but the disease is one that fluctuates without knowing the reasons why. A good day can be followed by a not so great day, but the melatonin doesn’t seem to be a factor. At the suggestion of my daughter since prednisone interfered with my sleep, I did invest in a “grounding” fitted sheet and pillow case and that has helped me more than anything else I’ve tried with getting decent sleep. I really was a skeptic but willing to try anything that doesn’t cause more problems. I’ve been sleeping soundly on the grounding sheet since I got them two weeks ago, and I can only say that I hope it lasts.