Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › What dose of Mestinon (Pyridostigmine) and how often has worked well for your body? › Reply To: What dose of Mestinon (Pyridostigmine) and how often has worked well for your body?

  • Community Member

    Member

    When I was first diagnosed, about 13 years ago. I was on Mestinon 60mg 3X per day one more as needed for fatigue and Azathioprine 2X per day. This combination worked well enough for many years. After about six years, my original Neurologist retired from practice and my new Neurologist took me off of the Azathioprine. Then about four years ago, I started noticing that my swallowing issues started to come back, the Mestinon was increased to 4X per day. This regimen was working well until last summer (2024) when my doctor raised the Mestinon to 5x per day, because I was having trouble speaking and swallowing whenever I was fatigued, usually from doing yard work. We take each day as they come. And I make sure to take rest stops.