Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Navigating School and Work › What do you do with your days? › Reply To: What do you do with your days?
-
Community Member
MemberHello Cheryl,
Thank you for replying. I have had a couple times of being partially dependent for care. My husband and two children have helped me through it. They are also the driving force to get up & do things. I am also triple seronegative. I had some more extensive labs done with Athena labs that did show SCN4A was inconclusive. That is for congenital myasthenia. I had a lot of muscle problems as a child but was never taken to the doctor. I doubt back then they would of had a clue anyways. I thought those symptoms were normal so it’s possible mine is congenital. I do believe that the stress of nursing brought it on. I was diagnosed 10 yrs ago but the last 4 yrs have been most difficult & feel like it has been more progressive. Not being able to try some of these new medications is frustrating. I don’t really have any hobbies & friends dwindle when you are always cancelling plans. Taking care of myself and my family is my limit at the moment. I like to craft and build lego when I am up to it. It helps with fine motor skills. Finding support groups with people who truly understand has been helpful for me. Take care. I’m always here for a chat.