Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Newly Diagnosed › What is your most debilitating symptom? › Reply To: What is your most debilitating symptom?
-
Community Member
MemberI am lucky in that I don’t have weakness or pain in my neck, but I do in my hips and legs. That is where my primary weakness is. And you are correct, the pain is secondary from the non affected muscles compensating for the ones affected by MG. One of the ways I combat this, is by doing modified strength training to help build up the muscles that get weak so it takes longer to get weak.
My husband is a personal trainer and we use me as a guinea pig to try out different things to help folks in our situation. I write a column for MG News as well as moderate the forums. I’m going to share a few article links that I think you might find helpful.
https://forumsstg.myastheniagravisnews.com/columns/exploring-connection-myasthenia-gravis-pain/
https://forumsstg.myastheniagravisnews.com/columns/new-workout-plan-reminding-take-messy-action/
forumsstg.myastheniagravisnews.com
Exploring the connection between myasthenia gravis and pain
Although pain isn't considered a symptom of myasthenia gravis, many patients report it. Columnist Shawna Barnes sets the record straight.
