Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Losing balance › Reply To: Losing balance
-
Community Member
MemberI was diagnosed with MG about 3 years ago. I went through the usual treatment regime to control the ocular symptoms. I still had arm, shoulder and leg weakness however. We went with IVIG and followed up with 3 cycles of Vyvgart. My upper body strength came back, leg weakness and numbness in my legs and feet persisted, along with balance issues. My neurologist ordered a lumbar MRI, that revealed spinal stenosis, arthritis and bulging discs. So I recently had back surgery to relieve the nerve pressure between L3 and L4, L4 and L5. I’ll be starting PT next week and hope some of the nerve damage repairs itself over the next year or so, we’ll see.
If I had it to do over again, I would have asked for an MRI early on, some of the MG symptoms are very similar to Spinal stenosis and arthritis. Even with a confirmed diagnosis of MG it would have been worth doing the MRI to confirm or rule out other problems. Best wishes