Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › What dose of Mestinon (Pyridostigmine) and how often has worked well for your body? › Reply To: What dose of Mestinon (Pyridostigmine) and how often has worked well for your body?

  • Community Member

    Member

    In addition to my weekly Hizentra SC infusion and modafinil once daily (for extreme fatigue), I take pyridostigmine bromide daily – like most of us. My long-time 60mg tablets were later switched to the 180 mg extended release tablets.

    I know the 180 mg extended release tablets are suppose to last about 2.5 times longer than 60mg tablets. But, when symptoms were really bad, they simply didn’t have the desired duration of effectiveness. About a year ago, I needed up to 5 dosages each day of the 180mg tablets. Luckily, as I improved, my dosage reduced to three daily and now twice a day. At this point, my doctor told me to listen to my body and adjust as needed.