• Community Member

    Member

    Hi all –

    Have been having the same issues starting in 2017. I was diagnosed in 2019.

    While walking in a crowd I must hold onto my wife’s elbow so I can continue to move through the crowd. I quite often get a bit disoriented and act like a really really old man. I am going on 74.

    I have come to refer to this state for me as “Walking through life in real time in slow motion.” I have a big problem with crowds in general as they are very disorienting for me either walking through them or in other crowded areas.

    My eyes seem to get overloaded and start acting funny. I then start to stutter and then my hands start to shake. At that time I know I must get away from that environment and find a quiet space.

    I only have so much energy to spend at a time and when my energy gets tapped, the above symptoms raise their ugly heads. My eyes can only accept so much input at a given time….

    Just my take –

    Scott