Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Diet, Exercise, and Supplements › Are you able to exercise with MG? › Reply To: Are you able to exercise with MG?
-
Community Member
MemberI can exercise with MG but I have to be self-aware. If I let my mind go to a place where I am stressed or anxious…I stop exercising. If I feel that I’m weakening…I stop. If I notice a stumble on the treadmill… I stop. It always feels like I am too cautious but I know that pushing too hard will ruin my day, most likely ruin tomorrow too…and who knows how much longer. I am able to exercise in several small (10-15 minute) periods through the day. Some times only 10 minutes in the day — sometimes a cumulative total of an hour or more; always staying aware that I do have MG and I can maintain my stability but too much exercise will negate my efforts. I also belong to an MG Exercise Group on Facebook. You can get some good information from the administrators and participants in the group.