Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Newly Diagnosed › What is your most debilitating symptom? › Reply To: What is your most debilitating symptom?

  • Community Member

    Member

    I’m right there with ya Robert.

    I’ve had to alter my eating habits and my diet because of the bulbar symptoms affecting my ability to eat. I rarely eat steak. I can’t chew gum anymore. I know if I’m feeling weak-ish, I need to have a mechanically soft diet – mashed potatoes/sweet potatoes with lots of gravy or butter for example. Then my husband cuts up or blends the protein so it’s uber small and I can mix that in with the potatoes so I get a full meal in. When it’s been really bad we’ve had to put the whole meal in a blender and make a soup… Not my favorite way to eat to be honest. ha

    Have you tried anything like that or altered how you eat as a result of the struggles with chewing?