• Community Member

    Member

    Thanks for sharing your experience, Bob.

    While the reporting of time table and ‘all new cells’ doesn’t quite match up to the real process, I also credit fasting with being helpful with my symptoms. Autophagy begins a clean up process of some ‘broken’ cell parts. The longest I have gone is five days. My standard fast is 48 hours with no food and only water. No supplements, no meds during this time. I’ve only done 3 since the initial one in Feb 2021. I wish I had the chutzpah to do 48 hours every week, or even every month, as it has been greatly beneficial in my case. BTW – I use the time after the fast to eat properly – clean, whole foods and supplement with a whole string of beneficial things I am not in remission, unfortunately, but my symptoms have decreased enough over 4 years that I have progressed from requiring live-in help for ADL to finally being able to do my own yard work this year. Still slow, still need many breaks-some whole days off-but no longer using wheelchair, walker, or even cane on majority of days. Slow progress, but enough to where my neuro says that he cannot make this big of a change with conventional treatment, and I only need to see him if I start getting worse. Do I believe that losing some weight has played a part? Yes. Being able to walk again, just moving!, has been helpful, too. These physical improvements have helped my mental/emotional well-being, too. Do I ultimately give God the credit? Yes, I do.

    Long post, but folks need to know that there are options with hope… at least for some of us. And it is beginning to sound like more of us are having positive experiences!