Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Diet, Exercise, and Supplements › Are you able to exercise with MG? › Reply To: Are you able to exercise with MG?
-
Community Member
MemberI used to run and do heated yoga regularly. My arms and legs felt like jelly afterwards but I otherwise felt great, at least until my thymectomy by full sternotomy in late 2022. I made it through surgery but had a collapsed lung that took a while to heal. I’m only now getting back into physical activity. I find 30min strenuous activity is all I can handle. In addition, I often struggle 2 days after the strenuous activity. I hope to work up to at least 3 miles walking per day but I’m taking it easy because I have learned to respect my body. Exercise is good for so many reasons, I think we should all stick with it but modify as needed to account for out MG limitations. Good luck everyone!