Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Diet, Exercise, and Supplements › Are you able to exercise with MG? › Reply To: Are you able to exercise with MG?
-
Community Member
MemberMale, 83, 6 years into MG. I was able to walk unaided for a year or two, but the walker is my friend now. PT every week and I am bedridden. No breathing or eating problems, but lately I have had double vision and one eye drooping infrequently. I have a caregiver 3 hours 5x week, so the cats get fed and my bedding washed as I’m wetting the bed as I did as a child. Prostate cancer and brachiotherapy probably responsible for that.
I live in the California desert and today it’s going to be 118’. I keep the temperature indoors at 81’ and when it’s lower I suffer, quite the opposite of what I read here. I have almost died from hypothermia, both times at Thanksgiving, once in San Francisco in a doctor’s lovely home, and once in Woodstock New York at a large country home. I can last at a restaurant 1 1/2 hours if the company is good but getting ready takes hours and my. Caregiver has to button my buttons. I get up 5 times a day on my own and make the 40 steps to the kitchen. I have a urinal collector at the bed and I go about 3 days between bowel movements. I just bought a gel pad for my adjustable bed and it’s working to prevent hot flashes in my back.
It amazes me how disparate the symptoms and problems are with MG in others. I can’t imagine how young women with families to care for deal with it. At my age I can’t tell the difference between MG symptoms and those of ageing. Fortunately I have a big TV and it’s football season again and tennis after that. And TCM, bless you.