• Community Member

    Member

    Hello Glen, I am not really sure why my neurologist decided now was the time. I have not been well controlled for several years and am on the last oral treatment available right now. My doctor is very conservative on treatment so I also think that’s why it has taken so long to do it. Hoping one day these new MG meds that are looking so promising will be approved for seronegative or at least approved by insurance for off label.

    My surgeon said that women tend to have a better or quicker response from thymectomy as well as if you were diagnosed at a younger age. I was diagnosed at age 33 and thymectomy at 43. I am very hopeful to get even a couple years of normalcy as I have had to give up my career and my life has been turned upside down as everyone else with this diagnosis.