Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Mestinon shortage › Reply To: Mestinon shortage
-
Community Member
MemberYou should all be aware of a Pharmaceutical fact I MULTIPLE checked for accuracy with several drug companies (TEVA, HIKMA, ROXANE), and a psychopharmacologist at my Rx insurance company; EXPRESS SCRIPTS. Any of you can call these people yourselves but they’ll only speak to you; if you sound like you know what you’re doing. I have 16-years medical professional experience and continually research more info.
Generic active ingredient medications of the same drug from one company to the next can legally (FDA Rule) vary by 10% either way, which means one can be 10% higher, another can be 10% lower; for a total net difference of 20%! So when a pharmacy tells you there’s no difference in generics- tell them exactly what I just told you here and watch them try to lie more, or their chins will hit the floor. This is a well hidden fact amongst BIG PHARMA and the FDA!
I’m sure most of you have had new generics work differently, or even not at all; THIS IS WHY. As patients we need to know the truth, but they hide so much from us it’s absurd.
James M.