Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Relationships and Social Life › How Does MG Affect Your Relationships? › Reply To: How Does MG Affect Your Relationships?
-
Community Member
MemberI’m new to his world of MG! It’s been 5 months! 4 ER visits and a week long stay in Dallas for treatment.
December 10, 2022 I ran a 5k and the next day my husband ran a marathon. That was my first day of noticing the double vision.
Since then my husband has been caring for me nonstop! I sometimes wonder will he tire of this? We have been through this together, he gets so frustrated with the doctors and all the side effects of the meds.
I used to be his caregiver, he suffers from TBI (traumatic brain injury) from combat! Now he cares for me!
I’ve lost 40 pounds since December, I was really overweight! I’m still considered overweight, based on my primary doctor.
but, my husband has gone the extra mile to make meals that I can hold in and drinks that will replace my nutrients.
I can see the fear in his eyes and that breaks my heart.He has been so loving and understanding from day one. During my hospital stay, a couple of times he had to help me with my personal care in the hospital.
we are stronger than ever. Married 30 years.