Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Relationships and Social Life › How Does MG Affect Your Relationships? › Reply To: How Does MG Affect Your Relationships?
-
Community Member
MemberOh my goodness Mick, I can sympathise. I’ve had MG for 60 years and was married for 26, then separated. My husband was very kind and thoughtful and I was so grateful, but then I got chronic fatigue after a virus and I think that was just too much! I was in a lot of pain, weak and not a cheerful soul. Came time for our 25th wedding anniversary and he did not want to go out for a celebration saying “I don’t want to contemplate another 25 years like the last 25”. I was shattered at that point, felt terribly guilty, angry and sad. I left the marriage the next year to allow him his freedom. It really did not make him happy, so perhaps it was not all down to me. MG is such a puzzling and variable disease. It will be bewildering for your wife. I found only my late mother, my aunt and one other girlfriend had any cognisance of my difficulties, and maybe only a couple of doctors. We are lucky to have this website to have the occasional debrief! Take care. WE understand.