Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Myasthenia Gravis and Ravulizumab (Ultomiris) Side Effects › Reply To: Myasthenia Gravis and Ravulizumab (Ultomiris) Side Effects

  • Community Member

    Member

    I had my loading dose on 09/15/2022 with my first maintenance dose two weeks later.  My schedule is an infusion every eight weeks.  My previous treatment was Soliris having begun the treatment in late 01/2020.  Soliris  enabled me to live a relatively normal life.  Since going on Soliris I have had no exacerbations at all.  Because of the success of the Soliris treatment it was with a little bit trepidation that I made the switch to Ultomiris.  I did have quite a bit of confidence that Ultomiris would prove successful since it works in the same manner as Soliris.  I went to Ultomiris with no expectations that it would work better than Soliris but would improve my life just by the simple fact that I did not have to plan my life around a biweekly infusion schedule.  So far this has been the case with my symptoms, energy and overall health the same as on Soliris.  Possibly my ability to swallow as slightly improved.  I have had zero side effects in the seven months I have been on Ultomiris.  The only downside is the social aspect of seeing my infusion nurses every two weeks but I will take the eight week schedule as an overall acceptable tradeoff.