• Community Member

    Member

    Paul,

    It sounds like you have the same Neuro that I do!  Same symptoms and I am positive for AChR Binding and Blocking as well as Modulating.  If you haven’t taken the blood test for these you need to.  As soon as the tests came back my Neuro put me on Mestinon (Pyrodostomine) and later on Cellcept.  The Mestinon stopped my double vision almost immediately.  He referred me to a specialist Neuro for MG and she put me on Prednisone and ramped me up to 60mg on it.  That caused me to become diabetic Type II.  As soon as that happened, she ramped me down to no Prednisone and that is when I went on Cellcept.  I’ve been on both since spring of 2019 and am stable.  I don’t get much from my Neuro now, no blood tests or infusions.   He doesn’t explain much now that I am stable and I haven’t seen him for over a year.  I’ve tried to get another referral (the first one quit her practice for a sabbatical) and although I was promised (more than once) a year ago he would do so it hasn’t happened.

    The blood test I mentioned shows “Approximately 85-90 percent of patients with MG express antibodies to the acetylchloline receptor (AChR), which can be divided into binding, blocking, and modulating antibodies…..”