Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Diet, Exercise, and Supplements › Supplements and Vitamins › Reply To: Supplements and Vitamins
-
Community Member
Deleted UserI’m 67 and was diagnosed 5 years ago. I’ve had a crisis on a couple of occasions, one which was a near-death experience. Additionally, I’ve had some experiences that created a lot of physical stress. Each time, the MG progressed so that the symptoms have stayed more pronounced. I wasn’t optimistic about the future.
I started following a plant-based diet (no meat or dairy) and now follow the guidelines of NutritionFacts.org, including which vitamins and supplements to use. Of course, I keep MG restrictions in mind, such as no magnesium, when I choose what to consume.
Result: In just 4 months I’ve lost 20 pounds, no longer need blood pressure pills and have eliminated a couple of other meds. My A1C dropped from 7.9 to 6.7 in the first 90 days, even though I now eat a lot (a lot!) more carbs. Notwithstanding MG weakness, I’m feeling pretty good.
Bottom line: Although I cannot reduce MG, I can deal with MG symptoms much better when I’m feeling better in general.
I recommend NutritionFacts.org because it’s not just another health site. It is a 100% free site (no ads) by a physician with amazing credentials. His videos are informative and entertaining.