Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Eyesight Causing Driving Difficulties › Reply To: Eyesight Causing Driving Difficulties
-
Community Member
MemberThank you everyone for sharing. I would like to find a neuro-opthalmologist.
I am not comfortable driving at night anymore yet I am the safest drive of my friends!…go figure!
I don’t drive downtown/Los Angeles at night anymore. IT’s just too difficult to see with blurred and double vision even with my current lenses.
I do close one eye sometimes to see better…it’s amazing how my eyes appear almost closed yet I can see out of them during the daytime.
Around 4pm or sometimes earlier my left eye closes completely…it’s just too difficult to keep open.
Maybe I should try the patch…except that I live with my mom and she would wonder…haven’t told her at this point.
I do worry about losing my vision…as I am having to change prescriptions more often.
Does anyone use those glasses that hold up your eyelid? Do they hurt? How long did it take to get used to them?
Is there any research on people with myasthenia who also use a CPAP machine>? Are they at higher risk for a crisis?
Thank you everyone for sharing your stories and thoughtful suggestions.
Sincerely, michele