• Community Member

    Member

    I had similar serious  eye issues after rituximab infusion.  Issues began just weeks after first loading dose. Eyes became exceedingly dry, inflamed, blood shot, blurry vision, some loss of visual acuity, gummy discharge, etc.  It has been just miserable. Of course the eye side effects makes the ptosis even worse. It has gotten so bad that I have become almost non-functional visually except when wearing my crutch glasses which allows me to see for a few hours each day. Neurologist passes eye issues off as just part of my MG flair-up, but reluctantly scheduled me with a neuro opthamologist who I’m not able to get in to see for another two months. This eye condition is slowly getting better after nearly five months of struggling with it. I get so tired of neurologist seemingly always pushing a new med and then being unwilling to acknowledge that the side effects are not due to your body’s reaction to the new drug but simply a manifestation of ones MG.  I am due for next loading dose in June but will not continue with Rituxamab.