Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Relationships and Social Life › Let’s Introduce Ourselves! Use 5 Words to Describe You/ Things You Enjoy › Reply To: Let’s Introduce Ourselves! Use 5 Words to Describe You/ Things You Enjoy

  • Community Member

    Member

    I  AM  ME  AGAIN  !

    On July 25, 2019,  I started showing symptoms of very weak finger strength  … then the droopy eyelids, competing eyeballs, and multiple rays  with every street light being a Christmas star.

    For eight long, suffering and weak months, no doctor could diagnose my ACUTE OCULAR and GENERALIZED MG, despite showing EVERY POSSIBLE MG SYMPTOM, but one.   I was finally diagnosed at the second of five hospitals of 2020.   A third floor nurse recognized my symptoms on March 24, 2020  …  and wrote on my paper pad   … “I know exactly what you have.  We have patients right here at this hospital that have all your symptoms.  You have MG!!!”   So she got a doctor friend to do a NEURO-CONSULT and order tests.  Thymus fine … but my three antibodies tests were so SERO-POSITIVE with “over the moon” scores  … that they repeated the tests again.

    I have been IN REMISSION since BLACK FRIDAY  11-27-2020 when I left the fifth hospital.

    So I am feeling much better, can drive, see, knee in the garden to work  … knowing I can stand … without having to crawl over to a chair, crawl into it and rest  … in order to try standing and going inside.

    I have been slowly venturing out more driving and to activities, church, shopping for items .. besides necessary meds and food.

    David is one very BRAVE SOUL.    I can’t leave town.   It took 8 months to be diagnosed and every doctor failed me  …. and even when I KNOW   …  I HAVE MYASTHENIA GRAVIS,  I am still trying to educate my new doctors (except for my terrific NEUROLOGIST) about what is this disease they never heard of  … is all about  … and why my IMMUNO-SUPPRESSANT therapy makes all my blood tests number consistently SCREWY and ANEMIC.    What chance would I have on an airplane or a cruise ship in a strange city to stay ALIVE ??

    But now that I AM ME AGAIN, …. I so want to escape, forget I have a fatal disease for just ONE DAY and LIVE.     So I pick one day each week and have a …   F–k  It day  .. and escape  … see a movie, eat out, go to an afternoon theatre matinee, or walk down around the nearby lake.

    Because I had 100% hearing and 100% talking/singing loss for 4 months in the hospitals,  I wanted therapy to BE ME  … so I went last semester to a MUSIC DEPARTMENT VOICE singing class, 3 hours each Tuesday for one hour credit  … at the local community college.  Only cost $40  senior rate  … and my voice is coming back.  This semester I am taking two,  one hour credits  … a different music class and production class credit sewing in the theatre costume shop.   I get out, have fun, meet new people, and help my local community college theatre   … totally forgetting for a while,  1.5 years of  MG weakness, 5500 MGs of meds a day,  …  and improperly educated medical people  … that gave me a CODE RED  … due to ACUTE HYPERCAPNIC RESPIRATORY FAILURE due to an OVERDOSE of ANESTHESIA given to an undiagnosed MG patient  … so that I would stay still for MRI tests.   So take pleasure in your small TRIUMPHS.  It helps you forget the dark days from before.