Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Pyridostigmine Side effect or allergic reaction? › Reply To: Pyridostigmine Side effect or allergic reaction?

  • Community Member

    Member

    This is a big question for me.  Since I was diagnosed, I continue to take the same dosage of 3 x 60 MGs  = 180MGs daily of MESTINON and   2 of 500 MGs twice a day = 2000 MGs daily of CELLCEPT.

    My symptoms started  7-25-2019 and after 8 months of CLUELESS DOCTORS not diagnosing me, I was finally diagnosed  on 3-25-2020, by a third floor nurse, who recognized all of my MG SYMPTOMS and talked a hospital doctor into giving me a NEURO-CONSULT and three antibodies tests…..  I was so SERO-POSITIVE that they repeated the three tests  … to confirm they were accurate.

    I have been in MG REMISSION since I left the fifth hospital on BLACK FRIDAY  11-27-2020.   People talk of bad side effects  …. but what is KEEPING ME SAFE … and what is KEEPING ME ill with still horrid onset insomnia and  not getting 100% hearing back after TOTAL SPEECH and HEARING LOSS for 4 months due to sedative and antibiotic OTTOTOXICITY ???  SO I take my pills RELIGIOUSLY  … to STAY SAFE.     So what am I doing right ????  I have had only my original 5 days of 5 hours of IVIG, upon my diagnosis  FINALLY   … so why am I in better shape that most everyone  … in the FOUR MG SUPPORT GROUPS that I ZOOM with?

    Does 2000 MGs of CELLCEPT keep me safe?    My new Endocrine doctor killed my STEROID PREDNISONE, that with STATINS, that another doctor dumped in me  … gave me weight gain, INSOMNIA and MEDICALLY INDUCED DIABETES II.   That great doctor also tapered and stopped all the LANTUS PRODUCTS that the hospitals were shooting me up with … so my prick scores are 70 to 113  … with A1C of 6.1  … so he killed that too, and I am only on 1Mg of Glimipride a daily.   So are my drugs different than your drugs  … so I only have INSOMNIA and some hearing issues  …   after 4 months of 100 % hearing loss in first 3 hospitals due to a combo of sedatives and TOBRAMYCIN  ???      So I am safe … but why?   I have a TERRIFIC old school MG NEUROLOGIST, who is keeping me safe  … but all my other doctors I have to constantly educate them about MG  … and why my blood tests are constantly irregular/anemic …  due to my IMMUNO-SUPPRESSANT THERAPY meds.