Myasthenia Gravis News Community › Forums › Healthcare and Treatments › Describe the Moment You Were Undiagnosed With MG, but Realized Something Was Seriously Wrong › Reply To: Describe the Moment You Were Undiagnosed With MG, but Realized Something Was Seriously Wrong

  • Community Member

    Member

    I was having dinner and my tongue just wasn’t working right. It got in the way as I swallowed.i coughed a few times and one eyelid drooped. Something was going on so we got in the car and drove to the er. They ruled out a stroke. Did lots of tests and had a neurologist examine me. No diagnosis but told to follow up with a neurologist

    Things didn’t get better and during a zoom meeting with my family doctor he said all my symptoms sounded like mg. He did a series of blood tests and yes it was as mg It only took a few weeks to get the diagnosis so I feel I was lucky